The mission of the Health Sciences Association of Alberta is to enhance the quality of life of its members and society.
In the Fall of 2011, HSAA’s Board of Directors created its long-term Strategic Plan: Our members and the public will understand and value unions. In the fall of 2018, HSAA’s Board of Directors revisited this Strategic Plan to revise and update the plan. This statement drives all of the activities of HSAA as we strive to achieve its lofty sentiment.
GOAL: Members are active in their union and support HSAA's values.
- Improve members’ understanding of their union and key issues.
- Increase the number of active Local Units.
- Enhance the connection members have to their union through participation in local, district and provincial activities.
- Enhance members’ connection to all levels of HSAA leadership.
- Enhance opportunities for members to engage in ways that best suit their needs and preferences.
GOAL: HSAA is recognized as a strong and united voice for workers.
- Improve members’ awareness of their right to strike.
- Enhance awareness and value of HSAA’s role in members’ lives.
- Enhance the reputation of HSAA within our membership, the public and the labour movement.
- Maintain the public profile of HSAA’s executive officers.
GOAL: HSAA will positively influence the political and legislative environments to advance workers' rights.
- Expand opportunities to develop alliances to address specific needs of HSAA.
- Enhance engagement within the political environment.
- Increase understanding of workers’ rights as human rights.
- Increase opportunities for diversity and inclusion.