The mission of the Health Sciences Association of Alberta is to enhance the quality of life of its members and society.
In the Fall of 2011, HSAA’s Board of Directors created its long-term Strategic Plan: Our members and the public will understand and value unions. In the fall of 2018/19, HSAA’s Board of Directors revisited this Strategic Plan to revise and update the plan. This statement drives all of the activities of HSAA as we strive to achieve its lofty sentiment.
GOAL: Members are active in HSAA and support union values.
- Identify and respond to key issues that members care about.
- Increase the number of active Local Units and degree and level of activity.
- Create opportunities for leaders within HSAA to connect with the membership.
- Enhance opportunities for members to engage with HSAA and become activists in ways that best suit their needs and preferences.
GOAL: HSAA is recognized as a strong and united voice for workers.
- Improve members’ knowledge of their rights to bargaining, strike and union involvement.
- Increase members’ understanding of the value of HSAA’s role in their lives, the resources it provides and the rights it protects.
- Enhance the reputation of HSAA.
GOAL: HSAA will actively represent its members in the workplace as well as in the political and legislative environments.
- Expand opportunities to develop alliances to address specific needs of HSAA, the unorganized and marginalized.
- Enhance engagement within the political environment.
- Ensure operational excellence of HSAA.
- Increase opportunities for diversity and inclusion.
- Recruit, train and utilize Stewards.